I am back at work on a very part-time basis. Eventually I'll be working 2 12-hour (night) shifts each week. Last week after an 8 hour day shift, I arrived home and greeted River and Julia at the end of the day. Julia told me what a difficult day it had been as I started talking to and kissing my sweet River. I was thrilled to get smile after smile from this little boy. I should tell you that I have NEVER seen so many smiles from him, and certainly never from the sound of my voice. It was very exciting for all of us. Perhaps it will be repeated next weekend when I work my first night shift.
I also want to say that we (all three of us) are so very lucky to be part of such a wonderful community. Most everyone who knows what we are going through has offered to help out in any way they can. Whether it be a meal, a visit or an offer to be available when we need something, it feels wonderful to be so cared for. The new parents group we are part of recently met with us to understand what we are going through, and how they can support us. At a time when we are especially vulnerable to feeling lonely and isolated, we feel surrounded by genuine love and support. Thank you.
Snuggling with a soft (democratic) friend.
2 comments:
Perfectness.
Democrats are great to snuggle with.
Post a Comment