Monday, April 6, 2009
Sick Monkey
I am glad I haven't been keeping track of how many times River has been sick this year, but it feels like a lot. It wouldn't be such a burden if it didn't take so much out of him, and us. Friday he started wretching and not tolerating his formula. By Saturday we switched to pedialyte and even that he wasn't tolerating. He was dry heaving on an empty belly. It was awful for all of us. Fortunately by Sunday morning he was able to tolerate some fluids, and now we're almost back to his full formula feeds. He even slept through the night! I am glad this episode resolved so quickly, as it usually it hangs on for awhile, affecting not only his mood but his ability to tolerate all of his therapies. I'll be glad when the cold season is finally over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment