I have excellent news to share -- I'm pregnant! Nope, just kidding, but River's Leckey chair was approved by our insurance company. He should have his hot little buns in it by the end of the month. I am soooo excited!
We also had a great visit with the orthopedist yesterday. Not only was River an absolute peach during the visit, but x-rays showed he has wonderful hips. He must take after his mums. We have heard that some children with tone issues require hip surgery because the hip joint doesn't develop properly, but that is not the case with our little froggie. We're now cleared to practice more weightbearing with our super star.
It's interesting how a good medical appointment can lift my spirits. It's not as if she told us any wonderful news. She couldn't answer our many questions - will he stand? will he walk? will he get stronger? I don't even think I learned anything significant about him in the course of the visit (other than he has great hips of course). So why is it that I find the visit so reassuring? It's having another set of eyes on him. It's hearing the confidence in her voice as she makes her assessment. He smiled at her the entire time she talked and I walked out feeling comfortable with the unknowns of why we are here, where we are going, and how we'll get there.
2 comments:
FANTASTIC!!! I'm exited, too!!
Ant(s)ie,
Chris
I almost shit a pickle when you said you were pregnant. That would have been awesome... but the chair news is super super awesome! Congrats!!
Post a Comment