I just updated our appointment list for the next few months and realized that I should update River's fans with the latest medical news. We think River has been having more seizures. However, these abnormal, involuntary movements do not resemble stereotypical seizures. They usually begin with a startle with his arms extended, and his eyes suddenly look up or to the left for a few seconds while he is silent, followed by his head turned sharply to the left and him smiling, or even laughing for 10-20 seconds. I used to think it was a cute laugh but now that it happens between 5 and 10 times a day I find it less entertaining. Under advisement of the neurologist, we've increased his Keppra with no real improvement. Next we'll do an EEG to find out if they really are seizures and how to treat them.
So the good news is that they aren't screaming seizures...
No comments:
Post a Comment