Sunday, August 9, 2009

1st Canoe Ride (pictures coming soon)

Ever since River was born we have been wanting to take him out in the canoe. An infant PFD (personal flotation device) was one of our first purchases as expectant parents. But up until now the task of taking him in the canoe had been too daunting. Although he loves water, we couldn't predict how he'd react to the canoe. And where would he sit while Julia and I paddled? He can't sit unsupported and is often times happy only when lying down. So with the help of our good friend Chris (and honorable auntie), we geared up for a canoe ride on the Meadows. While Julia and Chris paddled, I sat in the middle holding River, until he became uncomfortable upright, and I was able to lay him down on a blanket in the middle of the canoe. While it wasn't my most relaxing canoe ride, I would consider it highly successful, and a wonderful way to enjoy a summer evening.

No comments: