We had our fetal MRI for baby brother last week and everything looks great. His brain is developing normal for his gestational age (20 weeks). It feels like we can breathe a sigh of relief, but we won't be completely relieved until we have this little boy in our arms. Even though we are halfway through this pregnancy, it still feels like a ways away.
River is doing somewhat better. He is still waking frequently at night ~ anwhere between 2 and 4+ night wakings (I lose track after 4). Most of them are pretty quick, requiring a diaper change, a pacifier, some soothing, others last longer. Either way they are disruptive to our night, and make it difficult to feel energetic during the day. I'm applying for more personal care hours for this reason and everything else we're dealing with. It will be nice to have some extra help when we have a string of exhausting nights. Unfortunately, it's likely that my request for more hours will get declined and I'll have to appeal. I'm already collecting letters from River's doctors in case this happens.
We put up a christmas tree, a few ornaments but mostly covered it with white lights for River's entertainment. As I suspected he loves it. He's easily transfixed, eventually scooting his way underneath the tree. I guess he knows what a gift he is for his mommies.
1 comment:
Yes - a gift!!! That is so true and the scooting is so sweet!
I hope you receive your requested hours right off and do not have to "appeal" for a good night's sleep!
Love and Merry Christmas week!
Post a Comment