Whew, feels like a lot has been happening. We had the sleep study Sunday night which we've since learned did show some desaturations with shallow breathing, and intervention is recommended. Just when I thought we had all our ducks in a row, one of them gets out of line! And so we have another appointment. It starts with an ENT (ears, nose, throat) to see if taking out his tonsils and adenoids will be beneficial. If that' s not a possibility we'll explore the possibility of using a mask to sleep. Now that I know that he may not be getting enough oxygen at night, I am more nervous to sleep, especially when I hear his breathing pattern changing. Our appointment is in two weeks so I'll try to stay calm until then.
We also got River's chair on Monday. It's beautiful, and very intense looking all in one. It is taking some getting used to so we're introducing it to River for a short time each day.
And today we are on our way out of town to a conference at the Perkins School for the Blind called "Taking Care of Our Children... Taking Care of Ourselves." Perfect! I am very excited to attend this, as well as meet other parents of children with special needs. One of River's aunties is joining us for what should be a very informative presentation.
Pictures coming soon!
1 comment:
BUSY,BUSY MOMMIES! YOU ARE SO COMMITED TO RIVER. LOOK HARD YOU WORK AND HOW YOU DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE THINGS BETTER FOR RIVER.YOU ARE HARD CORE/CARING MOMMIES AND WE CAN ALL LEARN FROM YOU. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!! ALL MY LOVE,ILENE
Post a Comment