River is inconsolable just about every morning, beginning around 5am. We change his diaper, vent him, give him a suppository, and eventually rock him back to sleep. His sleep is fitful for a few hours as he is clearly in pain. The mostly likely explanation is the discomfort he must feel as he works on moving his bowels. Sometimes we resort to a bath because water is River's element, really. Even when he would scream for hours as an infant, a bathtub with his mum would quiet him down almost instantly. Naturally, a hot tub seemed like a necessary addition to our already cluttered life. We could all have hydrotherapy together! I was just about to write to Oprah, Ellen and Bill Gates when a dear friend offered to pass on her hot tub to us. Wish granted. But of course there is a lot of work to be done to prepare for this hot tub. Here is a glimpse of that work.
By the way, the final count was 155 scoops!
1 comment:
Definitely OCD. ;-) I count steps when I hike up really steep hills and I'm running out of energy.
I hope you get to use the hot tub soon so you can restore your muscles after all this work!!! Hopefully no strains/sprains/aches/pains lingered for you guys or your helpers after the unloading!
Post a Comment