
A year ago, today we were basking in the light of our new baby boy, who arrived quickly and quietly in the night. His arrival was a surprise 2 weeks before his due date, and such a joy to receive. He was a gift for which I waited my entire life. And so I am mixed up with feelings today -- I look back on those first few days and weeks with adoration, and then remember vividly the day the worry and grief crept in. It has been such a difficult year that I am not sure celebration is in my mood, but I am celebrating in a very quiet, non-public way. I am happy that River is with us. I am glad we can provide him with what he needs, to the best of our abilities. I am grateful that I have such a loving and supportive partner to do this with, and that we live in such a supportive community. I am impressed with our strength as a couple, and as a family. I am proud of River for his determination and willfulness. In my heart, in my tears, I am celebrating his birth and his life. Happy Birthday River Chase.


2 comments:
Julia and Hannah,
Happy Birthday to you, too!
The Birthday posting is beautifully expressed.
As I think I may have said awhile ago here or on River's other site - I feel River is a gift and has so much to reveal to us, bring and give to us as he slowly unfolds himself at his very own pace. And so much to show us about ourselves in the process.
Thank you River. Happy Birthday To You !!
Love... to you and your wonderful, wonderful Moms,
Antie Chris
happy birthday, river! i was so happy to spend time with you today!
hannah, julia, river... you are an amazing family and i'm so glad to know you.
much love to you!! xoxo
Post a Comment